9 Things You Need To Know About Bring Me The Horizon
Let's all get to know the British rock band who topped the Vodafone Big Top 40 chart with their epic single 'Drown'.
1. These guys are Bring Me The Horizon!
You ready for the names? Okay they are...Oliver Sykes, Lee Malia, Matt Kean, Matt Nicholls and Jordan Fish.
2. They formed in college which is kinda adorable right?
The Sheffield based band came together in 2004 and haven't stopped moving with the times since. Over a decade later and the bands are still releasing hit after hit.
3. They were award winners early on.
In 2006, Bring Me The Horizon won the award for best British newcomer. Early singles such as 'Pray For Plagues' helped the band gather an extremely dedicated following.
4. They got their name from Pirates Of The Carribean.
Yo ho me hearties yo ho! If you're a Jack Sparrow fan you'll remember a certain 'Now…bring me that horizon' quote at the end of the first movie. Well, that's where the name comes from!
5. They have FIVE studio albums.
Their first was 'Count Your Blessings' in 2006 and they've gone on with four others; 'Suicide Season', 'There Is Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret', 'Sempiternal' and 'That's The Spirit'.
6. Oli Sykes has his very own clothing line!
The tattooed lead singer started his clothing line 'Drop Dead' back when he was 21 and it's still going strong.
7. They have a very, VERY loyal fan base.
You can even find some Bring Me The Horizon fan fiction on the web (we've read some and its actually not too shabby!).
8. They make truly AMAZING music videos.
The 5 piece won the Best video award for their track 'Alligator Blood'.
9. They are Vodafone Big Top 40 No.1 chart toppers!
Mr. Sykes and co. released their brand new single 'Drown' at midnight on Sunday and went straight to No.1 fighting off competition from the likes of Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran.