Vodafone 4G Network Christmas (Week 1 - December 2nd 2018)
2 December 2018, 15:11 | Updated: 28 December 2018, 11:20
Full terms and conditions
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.bigtop40.com/competition-terms-conditions/ ) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Vodafone 4G Network Christmas’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run on Sunday 2nd December, 2018 on The Big Top 40 (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the keyword given out on air when instructed by the on-air presenter(s) to 82200 (the “Text Message Line”). They will also need to include their answer to the question asked on air by the presenters. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates.
4. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air.
5. Entrants will need to correctly answer a question asked on air by the presenters.
6. One entrant will be selected to play at random from all eligible entries after the text lines have closed.
7. The winner will be contacted by a Global Radio representative via the contact details supplied at the point of entry, and brought to air during the Big Top 40 show to answer the question be awarded their prize if they are correct.
8. If they answer incorrectly another caller will be selected at random from all valid entries received. This process will continue until a winner is confirmed.
9. All Entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
10. Entrants must be aged 18 or over
11. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
One winner will receive:
- Return travel for 2 people to the winner’s choice of countryside spa location
- 2 Night’s accommodation at winner’s chosen countryside spa location
- Breakfast for 2 people in the hotel restaurant each morning
- 2 x 60-minute spa treatments of the winner’s choice for 2 people
- Light lunch for 2 people on both days
- Dinner for 2 people in the hotel restaurant each evening
- Full use of the health club and spa facilities
- Personal Shopper to buy, wrap and deliver Christmas presents from the winners ‘wish list’ which will include:
- £500.00 Christmas present allowance
- Winner to supply a Christmas present list to the shopper
- Shopper will source, wrap and deliver all Christmas presents to the winner’s home in time for Christmas
Prize Terms and Conditions:
12. Travel will be provided in the form of a petrol allowance covering a maximum total of 500 miles (round trip). Should the winner live further than 250 miles from their chosen location, a contribution towards travel expenses will be given.
13. Stay will be at the winner’s choice of Q Hotel and is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays, Bank Holidays and Saturday nights. Hotels are classed as 4 Star and are based on 2 people sharing a double room with en-suite bathroom on a bed and breakfast basis. Twin rooms can be requested but cannot be guaranteed.
14. Spa treatments are based on 2 adults enjoying 2 x 60-minute spa treatments each. Appointments are subject to availability at time of booking. Facilities and treatments vary by site. Some treatments may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions and will be substituted for a safe alternative should this be the case.
15. Dinner is based on 2 adults enjoying a 3-course meal in the hotel restaurant. Guests will receive a credit of £28.00 per person each evening for their meal. Drinks are not included.
16. Winners list will need to be supplied by the 13th December 2017. All items on the winner’s gift list are subject to availability at the time of shopping and winners will need to be specific about which items they would like, including sizes, colours and models. Should any items be unavailable via conventional methods, NDL will consult with winner to offer alternative similar item or potentially deliver post-Christmas. Maximum number of items is 5.
17. The NDL Group will endeavour to deliver Christmas gifts by Monday 24th December 2018. However, The NDL Group cannot take responsibility for any delays once items have been dispatched or if the winner does not confirm their delivery address by Thursday 20th December 2018.
18. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
19. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.